SECR D Class 4-4-0
Price: £2850 inc. VAT | Deposit: £500click image above
Click photos to enlarge
from £500.00 inc. VAT
SECR D Class 4-4-0
limited edition of 60 models
Pilot model ready for painting
For updates on this project and all others see the latest news section of the website
We are proud to announce the first in our new line of pre grouping locomotives under our Victorian & Edwardian Collection. The Victorian & Edwardian Collection will focus on strict limited runs of 60 models, allowing us to produce them in a timely fashion. We aim to capture the splendor of those by gone days with our first model, the magnificent SE & CR Wainwright D class 4-4-0 resplendent in its full Edwardian livery.
The main design of these locomotives was actually by Robert Surtees with final embellishments added by Harry Wainwright. These engines were used on general passenger workings and must have been a magnificent site in their heyday.
Adorned with the magnificent SE & CR lined brunswick green livery and made by our personal builder SMT of South Korea these models will surely become collectors items. However as with all our models they will be made to run and earn their keep.
This project covers SE & CR Wainwright D class 4-4-0 in 1901 condition only. Locomotive numbers available are #726-737 of the initial 1901 build by Sharp Stewart & Co and Ashford Works.
Numbers (726-737) can be chosen until September 2018 when the project goes into production.
Price £2850 inc VAT. Deposit £500 and one interim payment of £800.
Available to reserve now. After production the cost will increase to £2995 inc VAT.
Our Paint layout.
- carefully researched and designed using original drawings and the latest CAD design packages
- painting and lining to the highest standards
- hand made in brass with all construction carried out in our by SMT of S.Korea, allowing the very best of quality control
- fully detailed cab interior
- punched rivet detail made with CAD designed jigs
- fully enclosed CNC machined gearboxes designed specifically for the project paired with high quality coreless motors
- ball bearings and springing to all axles
- pressed polished brass dome
- machined copper cap on chimney.
- full working inside motion with CNC machined cranks
- lamps and fire irons
- all models are fitted with DCC sound and can also be run on DC (no sound)
- etched number designed and made by SMT
- Scale 7 available 5 models available. See drop down menu
- limited warranty to cover repairs as a result of normal usage, following our handling and running guidelines to the original owner.
- the DCC decoders are configured with default settings on delivery, if you let us know the DCC address you wish we can make all the settings including the address default, so if you have a problem then change CV8 to 8 will reset it entirely to the Lee Marsh Model Co Settings