GWR 2301. Dean Goods
Price: £2450 inc. VAT | Deposit: £500 inc VATclick image above
Click photos to enlarge
from £500.00 inc. VAT
GWR 2301 Class Dean Goods
THIS PAGE IS BEING UPDATED AT THE MOMENT
Loco numbers, liveries and tenders are being listed for each available model as we are now in production.
The team here at the Lee Marsh Model Co is once again proud to announce the introduction of yet another precision RTR 0 gauge model locomotive, the subject this time being one of the most characterful tender locomotives the GWR ever produced, the ever popular 2301 Class or Dean Goods.
These were a very long-lived class of engine, being introduced in 1883 and lasting well into the British Railways era, the last being withdrawn in 1957.
No less than 260 of these distinctive locomotives were built at Swindon and they also had the honour of serving in two World Wars. They were certainly well travelled locomotives, 26 of them even found their way to China!
They were very popular locomotives with crews, being simple engines to operate and very reliable. Because of their light axle-loading the route availability was wide, and they could be found on many rural branch lines as well as main line duties. They were undoubtedly true mixed-traffic engines and as such extremely useful in full size and model form.
We are, of course, once again, lavishing the utmost care and attention to detail on these ubiquitous Victorian locomotives, and despite their size, will be packing them with the fine detail that has become the norm for all of our much-admired models.
Have a good look at the impressive list of specifications and variations below before placing your order, safe in the knowledge that the model you choose will be thoroughly researched for historical accuracy by our acknowledged group of specialists.
Total price £2450. (Price outside UK & EU 2041.66 GBP). Deposit £250 inc VAT followed by two interim payments of £500 inc VAT and the final payment of £1200 inc VAT
Reservations that are cancelled will incur a £50 administration fee.
After the reservation period finishes, the price will increase to £2650 inc VAT.
All reserved models will stay at the original price.
S2 Boiler version
S4 Boiler version
B4 Boiler version
This photograph is representative of the B4 version of our production run. It illustrates the higher cab sides which were fitted over a period of time after the rebuilding with belpaire firebox type boilers.
2301-2320 were built with S0 boilers not covered in this project
2321-2450 were built with S2 boilers
2451-2580 were built with S4 boilers
From 1900 until 1927 B4 Belpaire were fitted to all members of the class
Outside frame versions 2361-2380 are excluded from this project. 2491-2510 were rebuilt into 2-6-2 tank locos between 1907-1910
Boiler Types using the RCTS Codes
- S2 Round topped firebox, dome on front ring of boiler
- S4 Round topped firebox, dome on rear ring of boiler
- B4 Belpaire firebox, dome on rear ring
- Period 1 1900-06 GWR Scroll with lined indian red frames. S2 & S4 boilers only
- Period 2 1906 Great "garter" Western. lined green/black. S4 boilers only
- Period 3 1918-34 Great Western Green/black.
- Period 4 1934-42 Monogram Green/black.
- Period 5 1942-47 G W R Green/black.
- Period 6 BR unlined black
- working inside motion
- a choice of 2500 & 3000 gallon tenders with coal rails or later coal plates
- complete with DCC sound ESU decoder
- two footplate widths
- smokebox length variations, last 10 had extended smokeboxes, later standard on the class
- smokebox doors
- cab variations including cab side cut outs
- parallel chimney or cast taper chimney (from 1919)
- ATC fitted to many of the class from 1930
- fishbelly rods and fluted rods, fitted to 2491-2580 as built this varies later on
- liveries include fully lined green-indian red with GWR Scroll, Great -garter-Western to BR black. Some still had GWR on the tender in the 1950's
- Carefully researched and designed using original drawings and the latest CAD design packages
- Hand made in brass with all construction carried out in our South Korean factory by SMT allowing the very best of quality control
- Fully detailed cab interior
- Full working inside motion
- Punched rivet detail made with CAD designed jigs
- Fully enclosed Gearboxes designed specifically for the project paired with high quality coreless motors
- Ball bearings and springing to all axles
- Pressed polished brass dome
- machined copper cap on chimney.
- Lamps and fire irons
- etched plates designed and made by SMT from original GWR drawings
- All models are fitted with DCC sound and can also be run on DC (no sound)
- Scale 7 available
- Limited warranty to cover repairs as a result of normal usage, following our handling and running guidelines to the original owner.
- The DCC decoders are configured with default settings on delivery, if you let us know the DCC address you wish we can make all the settings including the address default, so if you have a problem then change CV8 to 8 will reset it entirely to the Lee Marsh Model Co Settings