GWR Manor 78xx
£2995 inc VAT
Click photos to enlarge
from £950.00 inc. VAT
GWR 78xx Manor mixed traffic 4-6-0.
Only 60 models will be made.
For updates on this project and all others see the latest news section of the website
General design stage now completed.
Here at the Lee Marsh Model Co we are very pleased to announce the introduction of yet another icon of Western Steam, the delightful 4-6-0 ‘Manor’ class. We have decided to introduce this top quality and highly detailed RTR model for a number of reasons, not the least being that so many of our discerning customers and collectors have been constantly requesting it for some time now! The Manor is also such a very useful and versatile locomotive in both prototype and model form, being quite at home on both main line and branch, and being used for a variety of roles with its wide route availability. It is also a very familiar and much loved engine on the preservation scene, with no less than one third of the whole class of thirty surviving for restoration thanks mainly to the Barry scrapyard miracle! This model will be produced to our usual exceptional high standard as set out in the specification below. Research and development has already commenced using our established expert team, together with the assistance of owners and engineers who have restored and maintain some of the finest examples of the class running today. Ordering this incomparable model is very straightforward, as there was very little change in appearance throughout the Manor’s working life; the chimney in BR days being the obvious one. Simply choose your loco name and livery period together with the tender type and whether you require Scale7 or not, then leave the rest to us!
The Manors where designed as a lighter version of the Granges. The first 20 used wheels and motion from the 43xx Moguls.
The models will feature 3500 gallon snap head riveted and flush riveted tenders.
Both original chimney and BR chimney fitted after drafting experiments
Special early reservation price before production £2995 inc VAT. After production £3250 inc VAT
Deposit £950. And one interim payment of £1045. Final payment £1000
Reservations that are cancelled will incur a £50 administration fee.
- Carefully researched and designed using original drawings and the latest CAD design packages
- Hand made in brass with all construction carried out in our South Korean factory SMT, allowing the very best of quality control
- Fully detailed cab interior
- Full working inside valve motion
- Punched rivet detail made with CAD designed jigs
- Fully enclosed Gearboxes designed specifically for the project paired with high quality coreless motors
- Ball bearings and springing to all axles
- machined copper cap on chimney.
- Lamps and fire irons
- etched plates designed and made by SMT
- All models are fitted with DCC sound and can also be run on DC (no sound)
- Scale 7 available
- Limited warranty to cover repairs as a result of normal usage, following our handling and running guidelines to the original owner.
- The DCC decoders are configured with default settings on delivery, if you let us know the DCC address you wish we can make all the settings including the address default, so if you have a problem then change CV8 to 8 will reset it entirely to the Lee Marsh Model Co Settings