BR 80xxx standard class 4 tank
Price: £2050 inc. VAT | Deposit: £500 updated 22-10-2023 click image above
Click photos to enlarge
from $649.20 inc. VAT
BR 80xxx 4MT 80000-80154
All prototype data has been sent to the builder. Once the designer has completed corrections for the GWR 850 production, then design for the 4MT sample will begin.
130 of the class of 155 were built at Brighton, 15 (80000–80009, 80054–80058) at Derby works and 10 (80106–80115) at Doncaster works between 1951 and 1956. No significant modifications were made to the design. The tank vent was found to restrict the driver's vision and was moved further forward from 80059 onwards. Initially built with fluted coupling rods, these caused problems on other classes and, from 80079, plain section coupling rods were substituted. These locomotives could be found in all BR regions. Smokebox door lamp iron variations will be covered. These models will be made to our well-established high standards and will prove a useful addition to any BR period collection. All brass construction and DCC factory fitted with our own exclusive builder.
Price £2050 inc VAT for reservation holders, Deposit £500 inc VAT
Price after production completion £2250 inc VAT
Version 1. 80000-80059 Fluted rods, vent rear position. Early BR
Version 2. 80000-80078 Fluted rods, vent in the forward position. Early or late BR
Version 3. 80079-80154 Plain rods, tank vent in the forward position. Early or late BR
Smokebox door lamp iron variations will be covered.
- Carefully researched and designed using original works drawings and the latest CAD design packages
- Hand made in brass with all construction carried out by our exclusive builder, allowing the very best of quality control
- Baked cellulose painting for a hard wearing finish
- Fully detailed cab interior with brass and copper pipes. The cab fittings and pipes are not painted or plated
- High level of fine detail with variations covered
- Punched rivet detail made with CAD-designed jigs
- Fully enclosed Gearboxes designed specifically for the project paired with high-quality coreless motors
- Ball bearings and springing to all axles
- Full working inside motion
- Lamps and fire irons included
- All models are fitted with DCC sound and can also be run on DC (no sound) by the simple use of a blanking plug
- 5 foot minimum radius is required due to the high level of detail
- Scale 7 available
- Limited warranty to cover repairs as a result of normal usage, following our handling and running guidelines to the original owner.
- The DCC decoders are configured with default settings on delivery if you let us know the DCC address you wish we can make all the settings including the address default, so if you have a problem then change CV8 to 8 will reset it entirely to the Lee Marsh Model Co Settings