GWR 850 Class saddle tank
Price: £1750 inc. VAT | Deposit: £100 updated 31-08-2022 click image above
Click photos to enlarge
from £100.00 inc. VAT
GWR 850 saddle tanks
This project is now fully reserved. Should any models become available they will be listed here.
Pilot sample of a version 1 locomotive in Wolverhampton livery.
Version 1. 5 panel tank in pre-grouping Wolverhampton livery. #851, 858, 862,
865, 867, 869, 987,995, 996,1216~1227, 1901~2020. H-Spoke wheels
Version 2. Swindon livery (Green-Indian red) 3 panel tank in pre-grouping green-indian red-black livery. H-Spoke wheels. With polished safety valve cover/dome and copper cap chimney.
#850, 852~857, 859~861, 863, 864, 866, 868, 870~873, 988~994, 997, 998,1905~1909,
1911, 1912, 1921, 1927~1929, 1936, 1944~1946, 1948, 1953/4, 1957/8, 1961/2,
1973,1992, 1994, 1997, 2000, 2017
Version 3. Green-black livery with polished safety valve cover/dome and copper cap chimney. 3-panel tank. H-Spoke wheels, (locomotives were not lettered as
many were scheduled rebuilds as pannier tanks). #854, 862, 866, 869, 870, 987,
990, 991~996, 1216, 1219/20, 1222, 1225, 1901~1905, 1911~1914, 1921~1923,
#1925 which had Great Western on the tank sides
Version 4. #2007 green-black livery. 1930's condition. 3-panel tank, H-Spoke wheels. with Great Western on the tank.
3D drawing in progress
- Carefully researched and designed using original works drawings and the latest CAD design packages
- Hand made in brass with all construction carried out by our exclusive builder allowing the very best of quality control
- Baked cellulose painting for a hard wearing finish
- Fully detailed cab interior with brass and copper pipes. The cab fittings and pipes are not painted or plated
- High level of fine detail with variations covered
- Punched rivet detail made with CAD-designed jigs
- Fully enclosed Gearboxes designed specifically for the project paired with high-quality coreless motors
- Ball bearings and springing to all axles
- Full working inside motion
- All brass fittings such as domes are plated so they do not tarnish over time.
- Lamps and fire irons included
- All models are fitted with DCC sound and can also be run on DC (no sound) by the simple use of a blanking plug
- 5 foot minimum radius is required due to the high level of detail
- Scale 7 available
- Limited warranty to cover repairs as a result of normal usage, following our handling and running guidelines to the original owner.
- The DCC decoders are configured with default settings on delivery if you let us know the DCC address you wish we can make all the settings including the address default, so if you have a problem then change CV8 to 8 will reset it entirely to the Lee Marsh Model Co Settings